All roads lead to the Customer Portal, https://portal.swiftstack.com, website when you want to get started with SwiftStack. This is where you create the SwiftStack account for your organization and yourself that will provide you with access to the SwiftStack products.
Signing Up with SwiftStack
1. Go to the Customer Portal at https://portal.swiftstack.com/customer/signup/ and sign up for an account
- The organization name you provide is the name that will be used across all the SwiftStack systems
- Your user account on the Customer Portal shows your customer information and let's you invite other users to the Customer Portal.
- Your customer information - such as organization name, customer ID and the other Customer Portal users in your organization
- Your profile information - such as email address on file and your Customer Portal password
- Your user account on the Customer Portal gives you access to:
- Your SwiftStack Controller Service or Software
- Service - If you are using the SwiftStack Controller As-a-Service, then the Customer Portal will have automatically created your organization on SwiftStack Controller As-a-Service, http://platform.swiftstack.com, website. However you will need to invite one or more administrators to that new Controller account. You issue those invitations from the Customer Portal.
- Software - If you are using an on-premises Controller, you have a On-prem page where you can download the SwiftStack Controller software and then install it on your local hardware.
- Your subscription licenses for your SwiftStack products, such as your SwiftStack Filesystem Gateway or SwiftStack Drive
- Helpful resources like guides and support information
Accessing Your SwiftStack Controller
- If you intend to use the SwiftStack Controller As-a-Service, then you must invite your first Controller admin from your Customer Portal account. The person you invite will get an email that will send them to the SwiftStack Controller As-a-Service website to finish setting up their new admin account.
- If you are going to use an on-premises SwiftStack Controller then you will need to download the stoware from the Customer Portal and install it on your hardware.
Deploying Your SwiftStack Storage System
- If you are using the SwiftStack Controller As-a-Service, then your SwiftStack Controller admin will sign in to the SwiftStack Controller As-a-Service, http://platform.swiftstack.com, website and configure the settings for your organization's storage cluster. Once configured, the admin will install the SwiftStack Node software on your servers (physical or virtual) and then add these new SwiftStack Nodes to the Controller. At this point your cluster is ready to start storing data. It probably took me longer to type this up than it will take to get your cluster up and running!
- If you are using the on-premises SwiftStack Controller software, then your SwiftStack Controller admin will first download the SwiftStack Controller software and install it on a server. Then they will create an organization account on the Controller and configure the settings it. Once configured, the admin will install the SwiftStack Node software on your servers (physical or virtual) and then add these new SwiftStack Nodes to the Controller. At this point your cluster is ready to start storing data.