It is a two step transaction to perform operations on your data in Swift.
- Authenticate by providing username/password to the auth endpoint. It returns a token and storage endpoint.
- Work with data by providing token and action needed to the storage endpoint.
Either step could return a 401 unauthorized but for different reasons.
Step 1: Authentication issues
- Check the correction of username/password
- To search for errors in the auth server's log (keystone, swauth or swiftstack_auth)
Step 2: Token expired
- Token is expired. The expiration is 24hrs by default.
- Check the connectivity from proxy node to auth server (Keystone). If proxy can't reach out Keystone server, it's not able to validate incoming user's token against Keystone.
- Memcached server too busy or dead. To check the memcached daemon status on nodes those are in memcached pool.